However, I do make work fun, especially when sending out emails like this:
Football is back! Now it’s up to you to prove that you are the most knowledgeable football fan at [redacted]!
Every Monday, Kate/Blair will have 10 new games picked and posted on the front of their cubes (and in a few places around the office) – all you need to do is take a look at the list each week and let them know who YOU think will win each game. All picks need to be sent to Kate/Blair by EOD Wednesday each week.
We will have 5 college games and 5 NFL games – spread across all the different conferences. Week 1 for college football will have 10 games since our NFL season doesn’t begin until after Labor Day weekend.
No buy in. There will be a special prize at the end of the seasons for the person who picks the most games correctly throughout the season.
And asked how NYC was going…and I respond with this:
NYC is good. Super busy yesterday. Starting in an hour, I’ll be in back to back meetings until I leave for the airport at 3. I went out to dinner with Jackie, Krissy and Brittney last night. It started off classy and then turned into a complete shit show with 3 glasses of wine each, which turned into 2 bottles of wine, two gin and tonics and a shot. (Naturally, I chanted ‘shot, shot shotshot, shot shot’).
it was a spectacular evening. a continuation of the bachelorette weekend and a preview of the wedding.
I thought would be super quiet. Relaxing. Me and the Bubs hanging together with a few little plans scheduled here and there. I was wrong.
Weekends without Boo are for:
- Cookouts with friends and pups on Friday night
- Lazy Saturday with errands
- Mini-Bachelorette party with some great gals in the A (hilarious evening…while I would love to shout to the rooftops what we did and where we went, I will not. Sorry. Boo approved though.)
- Delivering meals in the AM after said ‘bach party’ (ie: I wanted to die.)
- Barely removing myself from the couch on Sunday - when I did it was to get food or pick Boo up from the Marta station
This is going to be a short week for me. I am headed to Charleston to meet up with my favorites for the actual bachelorette party. And considering I am exhausted from the mini, I am mildly terrified ecstatic for this weekend.